Showing the user experience as part of your digital marketing strategy effectively achieves your website’s success. That’s why you’ll need to take testimonials as blog content, and in this post, we’ll show you how to do it.
Testimonials are a powerful marketing tool that can help boost your business when used effectively as blog content. In 2023, testimonials will become even more important for influencing consumers and driving conversions.
How to Optimize for Voice Search in 2023
|Use natural language||– Focus on long-tail, conversational queries|
– Use natural language in content, metadata & structured data
|Optimize for featured snippets||– Include answers to common questions in content|
– Use relevant keywords in titles, headers, etc.
|Improve site speed||– Reduce page load times as much as possible|
– Optimize images, minify code, etc.
|Enhance accessibility||– Improve ease of access for disabilities|
– Use captions, transcripts, semantic HTML, etc.
|Leverage structured data||– Use schema.org markup for key entities|
– Highlight FAQs, products, events, etc.
|Prioritize mobile optimization||– Design responsive pages for all devices|
– Test voice search from mobile devices
Using Testimonials as Blog Content in 2023
|✔️ Build trust and credibility||📝 Write genuine, enthusiastic testimonials|
|✔️ Provide social proof||🎨 Include images/videos of customers|
|✔️ Increase conversions and sales||🗓️ Feature recent testimonials|
|✔️ Easy to create content||👤 Diversify the testimonial sources|
|✔️ Engaging and relatable format||📋 Obtain customer consent to share|
What are Testimonials and Why They Matter for Your Business
Testimonials are positive statements from your satisfied customers about their experience with your business, products, or services. They provide social proof that you deliver on your promises and can be trusted.
Here are some key benefits of using testimonials:
- Build Trust and Credibility – Explicit recommendations from real customers help establish authority and trustworthiness. This increases conversion rates.
- Influence Purchase Decisions – 88% of consumers read online reviews before buying. Testimonials give potential customers the social validation they need.
- Promote Your Reputation – Testimonials show you have happy customers willing to vouch for you. This provides powerful word-of-mouth promotion.
- Improve SEO Rankings – Quality testimonials allow search engines to understand better what your business offers. This can improve rankings.
However, as competition increases in 2023, you’ll need to be more strategic with using testimonials. Customers will have higher expectations for authenticity and relevance. Leveraging testimonials across different platforms and content formats will be key.
Why use testimonials as blog content?
Testimonials transfer emotions and experiences, which helps build trust and credibility with your audience. Sharing their positive experience with a product or service can encourage others to try it. On the other hand, negative feedback can alert potential customers to steer clear of a product or service.
The most effective form of recommendation is word of mouth, and as a blogger, you can manage these recommendations to your advantage. Incorporating testimonials into your strategy into your content plan can be an excellent way to showcase the experiences of satisfied customers and encourage others to try your offerings.
How to get testimonials for your blog
When a customer is satisfied, getting their testimony is not a considerable problem. They will always be happy and willing to say something. However, it would be best to encourage your users to express their experience and know this is very important.
Asking customers directly for testimonials is the best way to get quality recommendations. Here are some best practices:
- Time it Carefully – Don’t ask too soon after purchase when excitement is high. Wait until they have experience using your product/service.
- Use Multiple Channels – Send requests by email, social media, surveys, and in person. Make it easy to submit testimonials.
- Offer Incentives – Discounts, free products, or prize draws can encourage customers to take the time to provide a testimonial.
- Suggest Content – Give customers guidance on what to include, such as product benefits, experience, and satisfaction.
- Obtain Permission – Always get consent before publicly posting any testimonials with names or photos.
Tools like forms, emails, and software can help automate and simplify your testimonial collection process. The key is making it quick and easy for happy customers to tell their stories.
How to Write Testimonials that Resonate with Your Audience
When writing testimonials, keep these elements in mind:
- Clarity – Use clear and concise language. Avoid generic or vague statements.
- Purpose – Align testimonial content with your goals, such as promoting a product benefit.
- Positivity – Emphasize satisfaction, appreciation, or resolution if applicable.
- Specificity – Include details and context for a more authentic and engaging testimonial.
You can use these templates and formulas to help you write strong testimonials:
- [Problem Solved] + [Satisfaction Statement], e.g., “After years of poor sleep, I finally get restful nights thanks to [Your Product].”
- [Situation Description] + [Results Achieved], e.g., “As a busy professional, [Your Service] helps me stay organized and productive.”
- [Benefit Highlight] + [Feeling Evoked], e.g., “The speed of [Your Software] gives me the freedom to focus on growing my business.”
After drafting testimonials, edit them for spelling, grammar, brevity, and impact. This polishing will make them more convincing and compelling.
How to Use Testimonials as Blog Content in Different Ways
There are many options for integrating testimonials into your blog content:
- Quotes – Short positive quotes work well in articles to support key points.
- Stories – Detailed anecdotes and case studies from customers are engaging.
- Reviews – Showcase ratings, reviews, and testimonials together in roundups.
- Lists – Curate testimonials into categorized or themed lists.
- Guides – Educate readers with tips illustrated by customer examples.
- Interviews – Q&As with customers let you feature their voices.
- Comparisons – Contrast testimonials to illustrate differences and benefits.
- Infographics – Visually showcase data and stats from customer feedback.
Mix up your formats and styles to keep testimonial content fresh and engaging on your blog.
How to Design and Display Testimonials on Your Website or Blog
Follow these best practices when showcasing testimonials on your site:
- Prominent Placement – Place testimonials early on key pages – don’t hide them!
- Varied Layouts – Use quotes, photos, videos, and reviews in different arrangements.
- Strategic Color – Make testimonials stand out with colors that match branding.
- Readable Fonts – Use simple, clear fonts and sufficient font size for easy reading.
- Legible Size – Include enough text to convey meaning but not overwhelm.
Tools like dedicated testimonial pages, widgets, and plugins allow you to manage and display testimonials on your site effectively. Optimize these for mobile and accessibility too.
Identifying the Right Testimonials
The first step in using testimonials as blog content is identifying the right people.
You likely know some of your customers personally if you’re in a niche market. These are great candidates for testimonials because they can speak directly from experience and offer insight into what makes your business so special. If you don’t have any personal connections with customers, consider reaching out through social media channels or even emailing them directly if they’ve left their contact information on their review page (which many do).
Once you’ve found potential sources of testimonials, it’s time to find out what makes them tick by asking questions about themselves: What do they like about working with us? Why did they choose us for another company? How has our service helped them achieve success? This will give us insight into how best to showcase these individuals’ experiences in our content–and ensure we’re highlighting the most relevant aspects of each story when writing up our posts later on!
Creating Testimonial Content
You can create a lot of content by asking your clients and customers to share their stories. But you need to ensure that you have the right questions in place, so they’re telling their story in the best way possible.
Here are some tips on how to do this:
- Write down your questions ahead of time. You’ll want them prepared before you start interviewing people, so they don’t feel rushed or pressured into saying something just because they think it sounds good (or worse–so that they don’t say anything at all).
- Use open-ended questions when possible, rather than ones with simple yes/no answers like “Do you like our products?” or “Would you recommend us?” This will help get more detailed responses from those who answer them!
How to Optimize Testimonials for SEO and Conversions
To maximize the SEO and conversion value of your testimonials:
- Include Keywords – Work relevant keywords naturally into testimonial copy.
- Add Schema Markup – Use markup so search engines interpret testimonials correctly.
- Insert Rich Snippets – Enable snippets in SERPs to showcase star ratings and reviews.
- Link to Products/Services – Hyperlink mentions of products or services to internal pages.
- Spotlight Benefits – Feature testimonials highlighting your products’ unique benefits.
- Display Awards – Showcase awards, media features, or certifications you’ve earned.
- Call-to-Action – Follow testimonials with relevant CTAs to capture interest.
Use analytics to track testimonial performance and fine-tune them over time.
Testimonial analytics is a way to track and analyze the performance of your testimonials. You can then use this data to adjust your strategy for getting more testimonials or improving the content of those you already have on hand.
The first step in tracking is identifying which metrics are essential for you and deciding how long it takes for each metric to be statistically significant (i.e., not just random noise). For example, suppose you want to know whether a new feature has increased conversion rates by 10%.
In that case, it may take several months before we can confidently say there’s been any change in conversion rates compared with previous periods when no new features were released. On the other hand, if we’re looking at social media shares per article published over time without any other major changes happening within our organization during those periods (such as hiring new staff), then we might need only one or two weeks’ worth of data before being able to conclude based on what we see happening during those weeks alone–and not necessarily across an entire year!
Best Practices for Testimonials
The most important thing is to be authentic. Your readers will know if you’re fake, and they’ll be turned off by it.
Keep your testimonials concise and clear. You don’t want to waste too much time explaining what the person did in their testimonial, but you do want to give enough information so that people know what they’re getting into if they decide to buy from your business based on this review.
Getting Testimonials From Influencers
You can also reach out to influencers and ask them for a testimonial. This is a great way to get the word out about your products, especially if your audience overlaps theirs.
To find potential influencers, look at who links to your website or blog posts. These people are likely interested in your content and could be willing to provide a testimonial if you ask nicely!
Once you’ve identified some possible candidates, it’s time for step two: building relationships with these individuals so that they feel comfortable enough with you as an expert (or at least someone who knows their field) to give their endorsement freely and without hesitation when asked later down the line – which brings us neatly onto our next section…
How to Leverage Testimonials in Other Marketing Channels
While your blog is a prime spot for testimonials, you can repurpose them across channels:
- Social Media – Share great one-liners or reviews on Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- Email Marketing – Include compelling quotes in newsletters or promotional emails.
- Video/Podcast Content – Interview satisfied customers on camera or audio.
- Webinars/Events – Incorporate video testimonials or customer presentations.
- Paid Ads – Use part of a testimonial in text/display ads.
Find ways to turn customers into evangelists by having them organically share, refer, or contribute user-generated content centered around your testimonials.
What are the benefits of using testimonials as blog content?
The main benefits of using testimonials as blog content are increasing trust and credibility, influencing purchase decisions, improving SEO rankings, and promoting your reputation through social proof.
How can I get customers to provide testimonials?
Strategically request testimonials via email, surveys, social media, and in person. Provide suggestions on what to include and offer incentives. Obtain their consent before publishing.
What makes a good testimonial?
A good testimonial is clear, purposeful, positive, and specific. It highlights satisfying outcomes, evokes feelings, and provides authentic details and context.
How can I showcase testimonials on my site?
Prominently display varied testimonial layouts, fonts, colors, and sizes on key pages. Dedicated pages, widgets, and plugins help manage them effectively.
How do I optimize testimonials for SEO?
Include target keywords, schema markup, rich snippets, and internal links. Feature testimonials that highlight your products’ unique benefits.
- Testimonials are an essential part of your business. They help you build trust, attract new customers and increase sales.
- Testimonials can be used as blog content to increase engagement on your site by providing valuable information that readers want to read about.
- Looking ahead to the future, it will be necessary for businesses to adapt their marketing strategies to stay relevant in a fast-changing world where digital technology is constantly evolving.
Studies – References
Testimonials can be a great way to add credibility to blog content in 2023. According to Smart Blogger, good testimonials should include the person’s full name and photo, their company name, what they do, and four elements: clarity, purposefulness, positivity, and specificity.  Content Marketing Institute suggests using a carousel to display a series of testimonials in the sidebar of a blog or writing case studies to provide more detailed analyses of specific instances.  ClearVoice recommends proactively contacting customers and making it easy for them to contribute. 
According to BrightLocal, 80% of consumers received requests from local businesses to leave a review in 2022, and 65% did leave reviews in response to business requests.  Additionally, Strategic Factory found that using customer testimonials regularly can generate approximately 62% more revenue.  Power Reviews found that customer testimonials placed alongside more expensive items increased conversion rates 380%, and Harvard Business found that increasing a business’s Yelp rating by one star can increase revenue by 5-9%. 
I’m Alexios Papaioannou, a word wizard, and affiliate marketing ninja with a decade of experience crafting killer blog posts that captivate and convert. Specializing in affiliate marketing, content writing, analytics, and social media. My secret weapon is a love of running that boosts my creativity and energy. Let’s create epic content together!