Are you ready to score big this Black Friday? We’ve got you covered with insider tips and tricks to help you secure jaw-dropping discounts while having a blast! From dodging the frenzy of bargain-hungry shoppers to outsmarting your thrifty uncle, we’ll guide you through the chaos with a playful twist.
In this article, we reveal the secret recipe for saving money: timing, research, and a pinch of luck. So, what’s the short answer? Early planning and strategic shopping will be your golden ticket to massive savings this Black Friday. Stick around for more expert advice and delightful surprises!
Get the Best Black Friday Discounts with These Tips!
|Sign up for email lists||Sign up ahead of time for brand emails to get early access to the best deals.|
|Use deal apps and sites||Apps like ShopSavvy can scan items in stores to compare prices across retailers. Deal sites like Slickdeals aggregate the best promotions.|
|Check social media||Follow your favorite brands on social media for flash sales and coupon codes announced there first.|
|Compare prices over time||Use a price tracking site like CamelCamelCamel to see if a deal is really the lowest price or just marketing.|
|Stack savings||Combine promo codes, cash back apps, loyalty program points and credit card rewards to maximize savings.|
|Price match||Take advantage of price matching guarantees from retailers like Target and Walmart.|
|Use store apps||Download retailer apps for early access to deals and location-based coupons when you’re in store.|
What is Black Friday?
Black Friday originated in the 1950s as the day when retailers went “in the black” or became profitable for the year. Over the decades, it has evolved into a frenzied shopping event with retailers offering major discounts on tech gadgets, appliances, apparel, toys, and more.
The benefits of shopping the Black Friday deals online and in-store include:
- Exclusive one-day only doorbuster deals you won’t find any other time of the year
- Potential to save 20-60% off hot ticket items
- Opportunity to knock out all your holiday shopping in one day
- Retailers offering free shipping, no minimum spend, and extended return windows
This guide will teach you how to prepare, strategize, and shop smart so you can find the absolute lowest prices on products you really want this Black Friday.
How to Prepare for Black Friday Shopping
Set a Budget and Make a List
The key to saving money on Black Friday is going in with a game plan. This starts with setting a realistic overall budget so you don’t overspend in the heat of the moment.
Next, make a prioritized Black Friday shopping list including:
- The specific items you want to buy
- The regular retail price
- The maximum price you’re willing to pay with discounts
Apps like Flipp, Basket, and Shopkick can help you track prices ahead of time.
An increase in online purchases expected for this year
According to the excellent price, 73% of consumers say the internet will be the way to purchase on November 27. The most popular products will be clothing (39% of searches), sports shoes (28%), mobile phones (27%), laptops (22%), and smart TVs (16%).
Google’s data indicates a lower sales volume: 40% of the population declares that they will buy or maybe buy on Black Friday and Cyber Monday. This percentage has increased in all age groups (especially those aged 18 to 24 and 45 to 64). Women intend to spend € 160 and men € 200.
This year, consumers intend to avoid store crowds by making purchases in advance – as indicated by Think with google, the search engine tool focused on online marketing. More than half of the users, 51%, will carry out a previous search in search engines and 32% will do so on social networks, while 27% will physically go to a store, 16% will turn to YouTube, 11% will watch magazines, and 6% will blog. According to Google, the most sought-after products will be clothing and accessories (€ 32), electronics (26%), culture (24%), furniture (10%), and beauty (8%).
How to get the best deals
Do Your Research and Plan Ahead
Being a savvy Black Friday shopper means doing your homework. In the weeks leading up:
- Browse Black Friday ads as they are leaked to get an early look at the best doorbuster deals.
- Sign up for retailer newsletters and download apps to get exclusive promo codes.
- Follow blogs like BestBlackFriday.com to stay on top of the latest news and trends.
Make note of the lowest prices so you can act fast once deals go live. Planning ahead also gives you time to research products and prices across retailers.
Sign Up for Loyalty Programs and Credit Cards
Sign up for free loyalty programs at retailers like Walmart, Target, Best Buy and Amazon to get early access to Black Friday promotions.
Utilize credit cards that offer cashback or rewards on your holiday shopping purchases. Check the terms first, as some cards offer higher rates on certain categories like electronics or apply caps on cashback.
How to Shop Smart on Black Friday Online
Online shopping on Black Friday has grown enormously over the past decade. Here are pro tips to help you save big while avoiding the hassles of in-store crowds.
Use Coupons, Promo Codes, and Cashback Sites
Maximize savings at popular retailers by stacking on promo codes, coupons and cashback:
- Honey browser extension automatically applies any valid promo codes and coupons at checkout
- Join cashback sites like Rakuten and get up to 15% cashback at major retailers
- Follow deal sites like Slickdeals for the latest promo codes and coupon stacks
Just remember to review terms, exclusions and site reviews first.
Shop Early, Shop Late, or Shop Off-Peak Hours
Timing matters when deals are limited or selling out quickly:
- Shop at midnight for early access to doorbusters
- Late night deals like Walmart’s Deals for Days sale on Monday after Black Friday
- Watch for price drops or restocks during lunch or mid-afternoon lulls
Set alerts and be ready to jump on must-have deals at the right times.
Compare Prices and Check Reviews
Even with the major discounts on Black Friday, it pays to compare:
- Use apps like ShopSavvy to scan and compare prices across retailers
- Read reviews on Amazon, BestBuy, and other major retailers
- Factor in all costs like taxes, shipping fees, and delivery times
Vet each retailer and product thoroughly before purchasing to get the best value.
How to Shop Smart at Black Friday Sales In-Store
While online deals abound, some doorbuster discounts are still reserved for in-person shoppers. Use these tips to stay comfortable, safe and strategic while shopping Black Friday sales in physical stores.
Wear Comfortable Shoes and Clothes
Dress in layers and wear comfortable sneakers to withstand long lines and all the walking:
- Avoid wearing heels or tight, restrictive clothing
- Bring a lightweight jacket or sweater you can easily carry
- Wear brightly colored clothes so your group can spot you easily
Being prepared to stand and walk all day will make your in-store shopping experience much better.
Bring a Friend or Family Member
Don’t go it alone. Having others with you offers many advantages:
- Assign each person 1-2 must-have items to focus on
- Split up to cover more ground and get in lines faster
- Take turns standing in long lines while others shop
- Helps deter theft of your purchases
Coordinate times and meet up spots with your group to conquer your lists efficiently.
Be Flexible and Polite
Having a game plan is key, but so is staying flexible and courteous:
- Have backup options in case your must-have doorbuster sells out
- Be polite to employees and other shoppers
- Avoid confrontation even if others are rude
- Shop defensively and watch your surroundings
Remaining calm and patient during the Black Friday frenzy will ensure you have a pleasant experience.
How to Shop Smart for Specific Categories
While Black Friday deals span every product category, some see better discounts than others. Here are the best categories to target for maximum savings.
Best Black Friday Discounts on Electronics
Electronics consistently rank among the most heavily discounted items each Black Friday. Expect to see lowest prices of the year on:
- TVs – Premium 4K TVs, Smart TVs, OLED TVs
- Laptops – Budget laptops, Chromebooks, 2-in-1 convertibles
- Tablets – iPads, Android tablets from Samsung, Lenovo
- Phones – iPhone, Samsung Galaxy, Google Pixel
- Smart home – Amazon Echo, Google Nest, Ring doorbells
Check specifications like display size, resolution, battery life, memory and processor to make sure you’re getting the features you need.
Best Black Friday Discounts on Clothing & Accessories
While not as steep as electronics, you’ll find solid discounts on apparel for the whole family:
- Winter coats, jackets, boots – 25-50% off
- Outerwear from Patagonia, North Face, Columbia – 30-40% off
- Loungewear from Gap, Old Navy, American Eagle – 40-60% off
- Luggage and handbags – 50%+ off
Focus on high quality items in materials like leather, cashmere and wool rather than fast fashion trends.
Best Black Friday Discounts on Home Items & Appliances
Round out your major Black Friday purchases with discounts on items for around the house:
- Instant Pot pressure cookers – 30-40% off
- Robot vacuums like Roomba – $100+ off
- Furniture – 30%+ off at Wayfair, Overstock, and more
- Kitchen appliances – discounts on air fryers, stand mixers, coffee makers
- Mattresses – $200-$600+ off brands like Purple, Casper and Tempur-Pedic
Measure furniture dimensions and appliance capacities ahead of time to confirm items will fit your spaces.
What are the best Black Friday deals in 2023?
Early predictions indicate top Black Friday 2023 deals will include TVs, laptops, tablets, Instant Pots, Roombas, winter apparel, and furniture. Retailers like Amazon, Walmart and Best Buy will likely offer the steepest discounts.
When does Black Friday start in 2023?
Black Friday 2023 falls on Friday, November 24. However, Black Friday sales will likely start as early as the Monday before Thanksgiving, so shoppers should watch for deals the full week of November 20-24.
How early should you line up for Black Friday doorbusters?
For the very best Black Friday in-store doorbusters, you often need to start lining up 6-12 hours early. The most dedicated shoppers begin camping out as early as Wednesday night before Thanksgiving to be first in line.
What percentage discounts can you expect on Black Friday?
Black Friday discounts typically range from 20-60% off, with some doorbuster deals over 70% off. The deepest discounts are usually on high-ticket items like electronics, appliances, mattresses, and jewelry.
Is it better to buy online or in stores on Black Friday?
Online shopping on Black Friday has benefits like avoiding crowds, easier price comparisons and often faster checkout. But key doorbusters are still in-store only. Use a mix of online and in-store shopping to maximize savings.
With preparation and planning, Black Friday 2023 represents the perfect opportunity to get big ticket items you want at the lowest prices of the year. Make a list, do your research, strategize your approach and utilize the tips in this guide to ensure you can maximize savings while minimizing stress.
I’m Alexios Papaioannou, an experienced affiliate marketer and content creator. With a decade of expertise, I excel in crafting engaging blog posts to boost your brand. My love for running fuels my creativity. Let’s create exceptional content together!